To help address a hose faucet timer not turning on, I’d like you to try removing the battery tray, wait 30 seconds and then reinsert it, making sure the tray is fully inserted. You’ll want to complete this step with the faucet turned off or the hose timer removed from it, to ensure water doesn’t get into the body of the timer.
You’ll also want to try replacing the batteries – these should be replaced at least once a year, so it may be time to replace them.
Should you continue to experience this issue, we’d recommend resetting the Hose Timer. To reset it, press the B-hyve button five times, and in the application, tap the WiFi symbol on the upper left corner of the home screen and then choose the option to connect/control via Bluetooth.
- For B-hyve devices: press the B-hyve button five times, and in the application, tap the WiFi symbol on the upper left corner of the home screen and then choose the option to connect/control via Bluetooth. While connected via Bluetooth, try a test program, before tapping the Bluetooth icon on the top left to switch back to WiFi.
- For Non B-hyve devices: insert something small into the reset hole to press the reset button
In addition to the above steps, if you have the Hose Timer connected to a sprinkler system, there are a few steps that may help to reopen the valve on the timer.
1. Remove everything from the outlet of the hose faucet timer. Leave the timer attached to the faucet
2. Turn the water on and cover the outlet of the timer with your thumb
3. Hold your thumb in place and then turn on the timer manually
4. Once you hear/feel a click, remove your thumb
5. The water should begin spraying out of the outlet, so you may get wet from this
If you have a drip system connected to the Hose Timer, remove a dripper, run the Hose Timer manually for a few seconds and stop it and then try using it normally. The removed dripper will allow more water to flow through the line, and it can relieve some of the back pressure on the Hose Timer’s valve. If that works, you’ll need to add more emitters to the line in order for it to work with the a hose faucet device.
If this still did not work, click here to begin the warranty process.Back to Support page
Tags: hose-faucet, hose-timer, hose-watering, non-responsive, troubleshooting