Community Home Community B-Hyve Indoor/Outdoor Timer External Rain Sensor Reply To: External Rain Sensor

clowenthal
Participant

Stephen –

Thanks for the reply. Just for full disclosure, the firmware on my unit is now 0021. It’s been raining all day here so the perfect time to try out what you recommended. I have some good news and some bad news. I just programmed on D a test of my four zones to run for 10 minutes each. I set the program to kick off 5 minutes after I saved the program.

Here is what happened:

At the designated time, the bhyve stared the program, water started running. About 2 seconds later both the timer and my phone showed a message that the program will stop due to the rain sensor. The water stopped. Then about 3 seconds later the program started again, the water started again and then about 2 seconds later both the timer and my phone showed a message that the program will stop due to the rain sensor. Well I let this cycle happen about 5 more times. I was thinking maybe this had to run through each zone, but it surpassed the number of zones.

So while there was a great attempt to stop the program as it did detect the rain sensor, it just went into a loop of stopping and starting which my water pipes didn’t enjoy to much.

So while close, no cigar – please see what the team can do with this bug!

Thanks, Craig

Spread the love!