Community Home Community B-Hyve Indoor/Outdoor Timer can't turn on specific sprinklers manually since the B.Hyve server went down las Reply To: can't turn on specific sprinklers manually since the B.Hyve server went down las

B.Hyve-Jiiism
Participant

Thanks, Ryan. It is unlikely, but not impossible that my router might be auto-rebooting after auto-firmware update on it at night hours exactly when Orbit timer was trying to connect for the firmware update.

Request to pass on to Orbit Eng team: Orbit should allow MANUAL update of firmware through APP too just as pretty much all wifi hardware devices (i.e. app controlled devices such as Arlo/WEMO/Ring, etc. wifi cameras, switches) these days. I could not find this feature in Orbit app on iPhone.

Here’s what’s needed if it’s not implemented:

1. Notify in the APP when a NEW firmware update is available if the timer does not have the latest firmware version/release installed.
2. Provide an option in the APP for customers to download and install timer firmware. Like I said, this option is commonly available in most apps managing remote devices and it’s very convenient APP feature.

Thanks.

Spread the love!