Community Home Community Google Assistant/Home is now available! Reply To: Google Assistant/Home is now available!

XVPIT
Participant

Here is some more trivia that I’ve learned since acquiring and playing with a Google Home Mini. You can create “Routines” for Google Home which eliminate the need to address Orbit B-Hyve by name, and which let you use pretty much any kind of phrasing you like. Routines are set up and managed within Google Home App > Menu > More Settings > Routines. Here is my new list of commands for managing my B-Hyve:

Sprinkler Control Commands

Say “OK Google” then any of the following commands:

• Set a 1 day rain delay.
• Set a 2 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)
• Set a 3 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)
• Set a 4 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)
• Set a 5 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)
• Set a 6 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)
• Set a 7 day rain delay. (Say YES when asked if you want to talk to Orbit B-Hyve)

• Cancel Rain Delay

• Water the lawn. (Waters front for 20 minutes, then back, foundation shrubs and driveway for 15 minutes each)

• Water zone 1. (Waters the front lawn for 10 minutes)
• Water zone 2. (Waters the back yard for 10 minutes)
• Water zone 3. (Waters the foundation shrubs for 10 minutes)
• Water zone 4. (Waters the driveway side for 10 minutes)

• Stop Watering. (Stops the watering if it is currently running)

• Last Water? (Answers with the last time watered)

• Next Water? (Answers with the next scheduled watering)

I haven’t figured out why my routines for setting an x day rain delay cause Google Home to ask me if I want to talk to Orbit B-hyve, but when I say “Yes” they execute properly, so I can live with it asking until I figure out a fix.

Spread the love!