Community Home Community B-hyve Can I limit how many zones run simultaneously when smart wstering Reply To: Can I limit how many zones run simultaneously when smart wstering

tombammann
Participant
First Time
Up
Down
::

Only by setting Watering Restrictions or by setting Preferred Start Time. Orbit lied to customers years ago, saying that they would implement a feature to avoid concurrent watering. Even their staff replied on the forums stating it would happen, and the original packaging said it already does this. But the feature never came, and then this exact forum was 100% wiped and deleted with no notice, presumably to bury the evidence. Some retailers still believe that the devices can be set to avoid concurrent watering as originally advertised years ago.

It is really sad, I bought more of these devices on the basis of their promises, which never came to fruition. I 100% intend to convert over to another system in due time and no longer recommend them for exactly this reason. Other brands provide smart tap outlets with such functionality so I don’t understand why Orbit can’t provide the same. The ‘hub’ is nothing more than a gateway for each one to access the internet, there really is not interfacing of data exchange between these “smart” devices, they only provide WiFi mesh, that is all.