Community Home Community B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer 2 zones, identical settings, but different smart schedules??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TheFury
    Participant

I’ve got two smart timers connected to a wifi hub. Each one is in its own zone (side note, I wish I could have them run on the same zone… hint hint product team!)

I have both zones configured identically, namely:
    – same address
    – soil: loam
    – plant type: shrubs/perennials
    – sprinkler type: drip
    – sun/shade: part shade
    – slope: 0-3%
    – sprinkler count: 11 drip heads
    – no catch cups
    – watering schedule adjustments set to default values
    – advanced details set to default values

However, each zone reports slightly different weather and has vastly different watering schedules. For example, right now, one zone reports 60 degrees and sunny while the other reports 58 degrees and rainy. One zone is set to water 2x tomorrow, and the other 1x five days from now.

How can I get these timers onto the same schedule? I’d either like to add them to the same zone (preferable) or figure out how to make their smart watering schedules align.

Spread the love!
    TheFury
    Participant

Wondering if anyone from Orbit actually watches this forum? Not sure what the best way is to get support on my issue.

The weather is heating up… one side of my garden is getting the right amount of water while the other side is completely parched. Again, both timers have the same exact smart watering settings.

Add to that the fact that the zone that does work seems to push duplicate alerts to me every time a water or delay event happens.

This software feels really buggy and I’m starting to debate going back to the old fashioned “analog” watering method of dousing everything with a hose…

Spread the love!
    ChandlerGuy
    Participant

I wish I could tell you. I’ve written to support 3-4x and only ever got one response, it’s been great. I mentioned this to them. I fixed it manually myself but after I wrote them the second time, it magically changed for me. I’m not sure if they did it on the back end or what. I told them to implement a grouping feature of zones so you can avoid these issues.

I get two event notifications for when it executes the schedule. First part is blank, second part shows the actual info. I check it every morning as well because I don’t trust this at all. Even this forum software is annoying.

Spread the love!
    Doug Hall
    Participant

Just a thought: Are both units using the same weather station to determine the weather?This setting is found in the app by clicking “My B-Hyve”, “devices”, then the timer you’re checking, scroll down to “Weather adjustments”, up the top of the page “Select Weather Station”, then from the map you can select either an official weather station near you or if you enable the personal weather stations slider one of the local ones near you.

Spread the love!
    ChandlerGuy
    Participant

I talked to support on chat online. Apparently there’s an issue going on with iOS devices not displaying things correctly. You need to login to the URL to be sure. They’re working on it he said now.

Spread the love!
    TheFury
    Participant

Thanks for the responses folks. Both timers in this case are indeed using the same weather station.

Seems like the iOS app is just a hot mess. Different watering schedules for identical zones, duplicate notifications… looking forward to seeing an update because at this point it’s less work for me to just break out the hose and give my garden a good dousing every week or two.

Also, @Chandler Guy, what website are you referring to? The website at orbitcomm.wpengine.com doesn’t seem to do anything. Doesn’t show my hose timers, doesn’t do anything when I enable “smart watering” on my wifi hub (which it does recognize), doesn’t seem to save any of the form fields when I edit things like my address… seems like a half-built website? Very confused!

Spread the love!
    ChandlerGuy
    Participant

Support told me to go here which I never had utilized before: https://my.orbitbhyve.com/login
    it’s supposed to be more accurate than the app. Granted I’m in there now and can’t figure out how to see my history to see if I truly double watered this morning as the app says. This is my issue, this is supposed to be easier, not less trustworthy. I have 9 more days before I have to return this thing and I may just go for the Rachio if this keeps up.

Spread the love!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Spread the love!