April 3, 2018 at 6:29 pm #1007
I am trying to water all zones at a given time without smart watering, without rain sensor, in the most basic mode possible. I created a custom program to water all zones every 3 days. The schedule is updated accordingly with the next watering starting in half an hour. The time comes. The watering does not start… and the scheduled watering then disappears from the calendar for that given day.
All zones work when I use the test mode, but I would hate to have to water my 10 zones one by one every three days if nothing else work.
As I mentioned, there is no rain sensor attached to the device and the bypass wire has been untouched.
Would someone kindly give me a clue about what is happening?
The sprinkler timer MAC address is 44:67:55:02:76:6F
Thank you so much for your help!Spread the love!April 6, 2018 at 4:15 pm #1025
I’m looking at your timer on our dashboard and I don’t see that anything seems to be wrong, other than your program is currently disabled. Did you do that on your own? I would suggest you phone our support team and they should be able to help you. The number is 1-800-488-6156.Spread the love!April 8, 2018 at 5:14 am #1027
Thank you Stephen for your reply. Indeed I disabled the program since it has been raining these past few days. Anyway, I ran some more tests as I uncovered a series of problems that could lead to my programs being “ignored”. It could be summarized as:
The time reference used by the calendar is different from the time reference used by the programing tab.
Let me explain:
– After setting up the controller in California and running several tests, I am now in Europe, 9 hours ahead of PDT.
– Now let’s say it is 5:15am on April 8th in France (8:15pm on April 7th in CA) and I set up a program A starting at 5:30am on April 8th with an interval of 3 days. What I see on the calendar of the b-hyve application is a program set for 8:30pm on April 7th. Not the most intuitive.
– Anyway, it is supposed to start in 15 minutes if I trust the information provided by the calendar, so I wait for 5:30am and use my security camera to see if the sprinkler system starts.
– The sprinkler system does NOT start. Furthermore, the scheduled watering disappears from the calendar.
– Checking the zones tab, it shows that the last watering was on the 3rd and the next one will be on the 11th at 5:30am.
– However, in the calendar the next watering appears a day prior (April 10th) at 8:30pm.
– Out of curiosity, I wondered if the program A was going to start anyway at 5:30am on April 8th “PDT” even if the calendar does not show anything scheduled then. I set up my alarm to check the camera at 2:30pm in France…
Since I did not want to wait that long, I then ran a second test:
– It is now 6:20am on April 8th in France. Let’s set up program B for 9:38pm April 7th in the programing tab in the hope it will water at 9:38pm April 7th. I set up an interval of 3 days.
– The scheduled watering for program B does NOT appear in the calendar anywhere on April 7th or 8th, but appears every 3 days afterward at 12:38pm.
– However, program B starts at 9:38pm on April 7th PDT! Victory!
– After the watering is completed, it is listed on the calendar for 9:38pm on April 7th and continues to be listed every 3 days at 12:38pm.
– I assume that every 3 days, the calendar will delete the entry at 12:38pm and show no scheduled watering for the day. However, 9 hours later, it will show a completed watering at 9:38pm.
The bottom line is:
1. The programing tab uses local time (PDT in my case).
2. The zones tab reflects the time of the next watering correctly using local time (PDT).
3. The calendar is confusing and cannot be trusted, which is a major turnoff for me. It is misleading and does not accurately reflect upcoming watering. However, past waterings seem to be recorded correctly (?).
If you think this is confusing, I let you imaging what a headache it becomes once you start using smart watering.
Please consider transmitting this experience to your programmers for a next software update.
One last thing… I checked “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” at the bottom of this page. I never received an email informing me of you reply.
Thank you for your help.Spread the love!April 17, 2018 at 10:43 pm #1093DerrickParticipant
Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem. Spent hours trying to get the schedule to work. No luck. When the scheduled time arrives, it doesn’t do anything then after a few moments it shows next scheduled time on the home screen. I am in the same time zone where the timer is located.
I am on the phone waiting for the next support representative, and still waiting…Spread the love!April 18, 2018 at 12:17 pm #1095
Please provide me with your MAC ID of your timer and I can take a look at yours.Spread the love!April 18, 2018 at 9:15 pm #1125
Nope, my issue has not been resolved. What about yours? I wonder if the rain delay notifications could explain part of the problem. I thought that the rain delays only applied to smart watering, which I disabled in my programs. However, it might also put manual watering on hold. I since then discovered another ‘smart watering’ option in the settings of the controller, which was ‘on’, and I disabled it as well. I have not received a rain delay notification since then.Spread the love!April 21, 2018 at 6:19 pm #1150
I have the same issue with my unit as described here. I have disabled Smart Watering, then using two programs, A and B. A is scheduled for every day, B is scheduled for every other day.
The calendar reflects that A will be run every day, the home screen shows that it scheduled to start the next day at 7:15AM, but it never runs, then displays that it will run again tomorrow.
The history seems to accurately show that it never ran at the scheduled time. I am able to run the zones manually with no issue.
MAC address is 44:67:55:40:44:c0Spread the love!April 22, 2018 at 12:34 am #1155
Additional information – the Zone A came on later in the day, at 3:15PM. After it actually ran, I got a notification that it finished. So, that tells me in my case, we have a time zone disconnect somewhere between the servers and the unit.Spread the love!April 23, 2018 at 3:30 pm #1173
Hello PHXSMILEY, I show your timer is working properly, but I have sent an update to the timer and I will be reaching out to the email on the account for further discussion.Spread the love!April 27, 2018 at 10:43 pm #1248
Derrick and PHXSMILEY,
Any progress on your end? Orbit has been silent for the past three weeks regarding my issue…Spread the love!April 27, 2018 at 11:02 pm #1249
I have been watching the timer carefully all week. After the update, my issues went away, and it is reliably watering at all the times I have programmed now, with no glitches. So, I’m now happy with it. I have 3 programs, with a total of 6 stations. I suspect my issue was a known issue.Spread the love!July 9, 2018 at 8:01 pm #4466hexc0deParticipant
I’m seeing the same issue. I have 2 programs turned on:
Program B: water zone 3 odd days at 5:30am
Program C: water zones 1 and 2 every day at 6:00am
The result is that Program B never runs and Program C runs everyday at 1:30am.
I have smart watering disabled and my firmware was updated to the latest. Really frustrated with this product. Any ideas on how to make both programs run? And run at the correct time?Spread the love!July 10, 2018 at 10:18 pm #4512RyanParticipant
Hello Hexcode, have you tried confirming your address, and updating your Wi-Fi settings?Spread the love!July 11, 2018 at 3:17 am #4540hexc0deParticipant
Yes, the address is correct and WiFi updated.Spread the love!July 12, 2018 at 10:03 pm #4612
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.