Community Home Community B-hyve New Device for Orbit 57995 B-hyve XR Smart 16-Zone (WiFi wont connect)

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    charp
    Participant
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello, I purchased the Orbit 57995 B-hyve XR Smart 16-Zone controller and have it mounted the all wires terminated. I downloaded the app and followed the instructions to connect it to our home wifi. My home wifi is setup with both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz networks and I cannot get this device to connect to either one. Our wifi router is right on the other side of the wall from the device. I can connect successfully to it via Bluetooth.

I went through the manual and I completed the reset of the device (press the B 5 times for reset). I also disconnected the power for 10 minutes, plugged it back in and tried again.

I’ve also tried manually adding the network as well as resetting the router (not my configuration, just the soft power cycle.

tombammann
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

I’m not quite sure hoe to help but this step might be useful as a process of elimination. When using the app on your phone to setup the wifi on the bhyve device, turn off your mobile data, run your phone purely from WiFi. This way you can be sure that the bhyve device can get the WiFi SSID and password from your phone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.