Community Home Community B-hyve Orbit 57069 rain sensor causing pump fault on Orbit B-hyve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gillt_one
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi, Any ideas why my rain sensor would cause a pump-fault warning ? I’m not sure how the app should react to the rain sensor being triggered. My BHYVE is firmware 0045 & H/W WT24E-0001 versions and has been working fine. With the rain sensor connected but no rain — my BHYVE works as normal, but when I tested the rain sensor by soaking it so the trigger was depressed, the pump fault occurred when attempting to run the next scheduled program. If I run the BHYE (any zone) in test mode — everything works as expected and the pump fault is cleared. Thx !

JDoyel
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Are you confident the sensor is wired properly? It sounds like the rain sensor is shorting the pump terminals somehow. Double-check your wiring very carefully, even a small “hair” of copper touching another wire could cause issues.

gillt_one
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Wiring looks good. I only get the pump fault if the sensor has seen enough rain to trigger it. I’m wondering if during scheduled-watering the rain sensor is (internal to b-hyve) placed in series with the pump node ?
    From the factory, the 2 sensor nodes are shorted for normal operation. The rain sensor also is shorted when no rain is present, but becomes an open (or resistive) if enough rain occurs.

Not sure how the system & app are supposed to react when the 2 sensor nodes are not shorted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.