December 7, 2017 at 12:44 am #476
Hi Orbit Team,
I am posting in this forum after I have not received any responses to a number of support requests (3) submitted via the app and the support form on the Orbit website.
I have a few problems with the controller in conjunction with the iPhone app:
1) The watering time always sets itself to 3+ hours remaining after minimising the app and bringing it back to the foreground. Initially the watering time is shown correctly as 15 or 20 minutes, but it changes immediately after minimising the app and bringing it back to the foreground, or when the home screen goes to sleep and bringing it back to the foreground. This happens with scheduled programs, zone tests as well as remotely executed programs.
2) When I have two programs scheduled on the same day, it looks like the controller does not run both of them, even though they were not conflicting. For example, yesterday morning I had a program scheduled from 5:15am to 6:15am which ran successfully. However, the next program scheduled to commence at 6:45am did not start. All settings on the app were correct and the programs appeared in my calendar as well as the home screen of the app – but the second program simply didn’t run. I repeated the test again today with the same result.
3) And another minor issue: When I look at my watering history in the app, the records listed show incorrect times – I believe that they don’t reflect my local time zone?
My phone is an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.1.2.
The B-Hyve app version is the latest version 1.7.11 (379)
I am NOT using the smart watering feature.
I hope that I will receive a response to my questions and some actual support this way.
Unfortunately, if I cannot trust the controller to execute scheduled programs and to water reliably, it is pretty much useless…
I don’t know if these problems are related to a hardware fault and if I need to get the unit replaced by Orbit, or if the issues are a result of a buggy app which is not performing as it should. Please help urgently and advise how my problems can be fixed.
CarstenSpread the love!December 11, 2017 at 7:21 pm #495StephenKeymaster
Please provide me with the MAC address of this timer so that I can take a look at it on our end.
StephenSpread the love!December 11, 2017 at 9:53 pm #496
Thanks a lot for looking into this for me. The MAC Address of my device is 44:67:55:01:b3:b8.
Please note: As an interim workaround to issue No. 2 described above (to make sure no program is skipped) I have currently changed the watering schedule to run one program per day only. However, my preference when the issue is fixed is to run some programs every 3 days and others every 4 days, meaning there will always be days where two programs will have to run on the same day.
Please let me know if you want me to change the programs back to my original schedule (i.e. what it was around December 7) if that helps to replicate the issue and investigate from your end.
Thanks again in advance and best regards,
CarstenSpread the love!December 12, 2017 at 9:56 am #498
Here is another update which might assist with your investigation: even my assumed workaround described in the last post above (i.e. only one program scheduled per day to avoid programs from being skipped) does not work.
My current programs are setup via the iPhone app as follows:
– Program A -> every 3 days, starting 11 December 2017
– Program B -> every 3 days, starting 12 December 2017
– Program C -> every 3 days, starting 13 December 2017
This is what happened:
– Program A ran successfully as per schedule (yesterday)
– Program B was missed again today, despite the app and the display of the controller indicating (prior to the scheduled start time) that the next program would commence today
– Program C should run tomorrow, 13 December 2017, however:
o Only the iPhone app states that program C will be the next program to run tomorrow, Wednesday
o The display of the controller says that the next scheduled program will run on Thursday
I hope there is a solution to these problems and look forward to hearing from you again.
CarstenSpread the love!December 20, 2017 at 3:18 pm #526StephenKeymaster
I’ve been monitoring your timer to see if I can figure out what is going on with it, but it now shows disconnected from the server so I can’t track it any longer. I think at this point it’ll be best to communicate via email. Please contact me at [email protected] and we can go from there.Spread the love!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.