June 8, 2018 at 6:04 pm #2904
I recently bought the Orbit 57946 BHyve 6 station indoor/outdoor timer, set it up with my sprinkler system. I’m trying to pair the device with my phone, and followed the steps as mentioned.
The phone detected the device’s wifi, started connecting to my home wifi network (the app is really painful here, since 90% of the time it did not refresh the list of available wifi, and I had to manually enter it).
I got a notification that the wifi is being setup, and just shows the spinner forever in the app on my android phone. I see that the timer device is connected, however, on my app it never shows up!
It’s just ridiculous that the app can’t find already connected device on the network, and I have tried this process at least 30 times so far!
I’m looking for some help soon on this issue, and if I cannot, then I will just have to return this product!Spread the love!June 8, 2018 at 6:12 pm #2908
so you got your phone to connect first to your device, and then your timer to your home net work, however there are no devices showing up in you app? Could you please provide us with your ma address?Spread the love!June 11, 2018 at 5:09 am #3020
Yes, that’s correct Ryan.
the mac address is 44:67:55:00:C7:D2Spread the love!June 11, 2018 at 6:58 pm #3057
@ravi, There is no timer in our system with this mac address. this means that either the mac address is incorrect, it was never paired to your phone, or you have deauthorized your device.
If you need to pair it first try factory resetting tour timer and then re-start the pairing process.Spread the love!June 12, 2018 at 3:59 am #3114
@ryan, I thought I made it sufficiently clear that I bought a new timer, set it up, and tried pairing with my phone; while my phone connected to the timer’s wifi and initiated the pairing, it never completed, however the timer is connected to my wifi network!
I hope this clears things out, and makes the problem statement clear!
The reason I started this thread is to get help on how to pair the device with my phone, and use it – the reason why I bought this $99 worth timer, which is quite pointless without the companion app (not worth the money I paid).
Regarding factory resetting the timer
I’ve tried that several times too, and it just fails to pair everytime! what’s worse the app is so ill designed that
1. I can’t add a device if it’s already on my network! it’s basic expectation that the app can detect an existing device on the network and should be able to add,
2. The device is quite badly designed, in the sense that, if it’s already connected to a wifi network, I should be able to send an invite code and add it via my phone
3. the app almost always failed to list out the available WiFis, the refresh button is not responsive to touch
I hope you could assist me with how I could pair the device with the app and setup the watering schedule wit the app.Spread the love!June 12, 2018 at 5:53 pm #3143
@ravi, seeing as your timer is not connected to any accounts there is no way that it is connected to internet. In order for a timer to be connected to internet it must first be paired to a phone and your account. If it already was then there is an option to send an invite code. If you would like step by step instructions on how to pair your device I would suggest calling into out product support line.Spread the love!June 13, 2018 at 2:34 am #3203
@ryan unfortunately your customer care is unreachable over phone or via live chat. 80% of the times I get a message you’re “loaded” over call or “waiting” on chat, and the rest 20% I get a message that you’re closed!
With such terrible customer care and terrible phone app, I don’t think I’m going to keep this device!
I can provide my phone over a secure channel (email), if I get a callback and help with setup in the next coupleof days, I’ll keep the device, else, I’ll return the device (and tell it shouldn’t be sold for obvious reasons)!Spread the love!June 20, 2018 at 6:20 am #3633
After waiting for a week of horrendous “so called” customer support (the lack of), returned this garbage and bought myself a rachio smart sprinkler! Love the RACHIO timer, works unlike this pile of cheap crap which doesn’t work and to match the crappy product has garbage app and customer support!
Don’t buy this garbage and spare yourself of this incompetent expensive non senseSpread the love!June 20, 2018 at 4:41 pm #3659
@ravi, I apologize for your experience with our product if there is anything we can do to help please let us know.Spread the love!June 20, 2018 at 7:46 pm #3692
@ryan; there was a lot of things that you could have done, but chose to do nothing. I’m not sure what else you are expecting me to help you with, when you couldn’t do what I had created this thread for;
It’s just funny and annoying how your support works, just as bad as the product.Spread the love!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.