Transfer device to another account – B-hyve
This article will go over several scenarios to help find out what transfer issue you may be seeing, and then help direct you to help identify and solve the problem.
If you are saying the following:
- I’ve moved into a new house which has a B-hyve device, how do I connect to it?
- My house has a B-hyve device, but it says it’s attached to somebody else’s account
Note: If you are are trying to transfer your personal B-hyve device to a new owners account, you can either have them follow these steps or contact our Customer Care Team
Confirming the MAC address
The MAC address found on the B-hyve Device starting with 44:67:55
Getting the device on your account
Make sure that the device is in pairing mode. (if you are unsure on how to put your device in pairing mode click here) When you attempt to pair it the app it should give you a prompt to “Take over” that will allow you to set up the device.
Make sure that you are close to the device
For this next step, we’ll need to ensure that you’re close to your device/timer. Please stay close to your device until we’re finished to ensure a stable connection.
Resetting the device
- Remove the battery tray / unplug the device.
- Wait 15 seconds before reconnecting power/batteries.
- use the same steps you used to put your device in pairing mode again to make sure it has been reset
Re-pairing the device
- Open the B-hyve app.
- Select ‘Add Device’
- Select ‘This is a new device’
- Choose your device from the list
- Follow the prompts and check the MAC address matches.
- Select your Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure you scroll down to enter your password before pressing ‘Connect’!
- Follow remaining prompts (will vary depending on the product).
Alternatively / Other:
If the customer is still experiencing issues with their product:
- If possible, try repeating the troubleshooting steps on a different phone/tablet.
- If unsuccessful, please contact our Customer Care Team.
Tags: b-hyve, bhyvetransfer