Community Home Community B-hyve Hose Faucet 4 station hose timer bricked?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    michael95370
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

I installed a 4-station timer (P/N 24634) about 3 weeks ago and set it up using Bluetooth with the app on my iPhone. It seemed to work with the two zones I connected and programmed.

A few days ago, I bought and installed the Gen 2 hub. I did this because Orbit’s web page for the timer says the Gen 2 hub is required to set up timer smart functions. The hub connected to my wifi network without issue.

I then did firmware updates on the timer and the hub. The timer now fails to connect to anything – no availability by Bluetooth, by wifi, or through the hub on any radio mode. “Add device” never finds the timer even though the iPhone is 2 inches away. The timer screen cycles between showing the time and showing the ‘test every icon’ display. There’s no response to manual input at all. It’s bricked.

I’ve tried the following:
    • remove/replace timer batteries (power cycle);
    • power cycle hub;
    • done the magic ‘push button 5 times’ and/or ‘hold button down’ on each device;
    • deleted/reinstalled app on iPhone;
    • attempted to add device using the web portal;

Before I recycle both items and try another vendor, I’d like to revert the firmware to a prior version. Can anyone tell me how to do that? The sparse documentation gives no hint. Thank you.

ruralwater
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

AFAIK there is not a method to downgrade. If Orbit ever bothered to answer, they might be able to either confirm that, or offer an actual method.

Couple of questions:
    – can you (still) “see” the hub on your WiFi and does it respond to a ping?
    – can you use a Bluetooth device that isn’t your phone and see if that device can see the hose faucet as a potential connection? (Not sure if anything will show up…my already-connected devices do not)
    – did you also “Reset Device Connection” on the App (MyBHyve/Devices/[select device]/Reset Device Connection)
    – as a real last-kick-at-the-cat option, try doing the reset from the WEB login at BHyve as well (mine only sees 1 of my 4 devices for some bad-programming reason, so I wouldn’t hold out a lot of hope for this one)
    – again, as an off-chance, see if the WEB version sees the saved programs…

Documentation? What’s that?

gkissell
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Patience is the key.

Bring the timer near the phone. Take out the battery, wait at least an hour. Put battery back in, wait about half an hour. Give everything time to settle.

Then make sure the device has been removed from the app, and start the ‘add device,’ process again.

You must be connected with Bluetooth and very close to the timer for a firmware update. If successful reconnecting, stay on bluetooth and you can try the update again, after ten minutes or so. (I have rescued a couple of timers with failed updates.)

Very curious how you were able to attempt to add device from web portal. Please explain.

michael95370
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Thanks for the ideas.

So far, neither the hub nor the hose timer is visible to the iPhone app or the web portal. However, the hub indicates it’s successfully connected to my wifi (steady green light and it shows up on my network scanner).
    I’ll install the app on an iPad and try that. Haven’t been able to try connection reset because nothing (including the web portal) sees a device to reset.
    “Documentation? What’s that?” – glad to see I’m not the only one 😊

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.