Community Home Community B-hyve Underground 8-Zone b-hyve controller new install. All zones will not run after connect.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DrRemulac
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

I previously used a Skydrop controller, but since they went out of business I let the controller keep running the schedules. It was working fine this morning but I decided to buy the b-hyve to regain control from an app.

I connected everything up and I’m pretty sure I got it all connected and set up, but when I try to test any zone nothing happens.

I tested voltage at the controller connections, they all register 30v as each zone is tested. I cannot really test the wiring at the valves because they are in the ground and shielded very well. Can’t contact the wires to test as the zone is being tested. I am confident the valves are fine since I ran all zones on the previous Skydrop controller to verify all is working before I removed it.

I’m a little out of ideas. I have not contacted Orbit support yet. Thought I’d get the forum’s advice in case there is some obvious thing I missed in installation, or if the valves may just be too old to use with this b-hyve controller.

Any advice offered is appreciated.

DrRemulac
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

I eventually solved my own problem. Chatted with a support rep for a while. We confirmed all the things as far as connection and setup. Unfortunately, I was not comfortable enough with messing with the wiring at the valves, so I couldn’t verify voltage at the valve connections.

After ending our support chat I was fed up enough to start digging into the wiring of the valves and the master valve. I discovered that the previous owner of this house did not connect the white wire to anything. It was just sitting in the box coming out of the wall. I followed each wore and mentally mapped out where everything was going, and discovered the green wire is used as common. Once I connected the green wore to the common in the controller everything started working as expected.

The surprising part of all this is that the previous Skydrop controller did not require a common connection to operate normally. Neither the white or green wore was connected on that thing. Go figure…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.