Community Home Community B-hyve Underground New Wifi on Orbit 57950 Sprinkler Controller

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    graphicspro007
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello,

I have a new internet provider and I have tried to change the internet settings on my sprinkler controller. I have reset the controller, reset my phone, reset my modem, deleted the app, and nothing seems to work. I have tried installing the controller as a new device and it is not recognized by the app. I have tried manually selecting the Orbit Wifi in settings and going back to the app and that doesn’t work either.

Has anyone had any of these problems and found a solution?

Thanks for your help!

brianpt
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

I have had the EXACT same problem!! Good to know I’m not the only one. Now just to find a solution! I’m about to go out and buy another brand…

jjknot
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

As long as you have the same network name and password, it should work. Keep in mind that Orbit uses the the 2.4Ghz band and your router should be configured to accept either 2.5Ghz or 5Ghz. Are you using the ISP’s router or your own?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    graphicspro007
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

I deleted my previous setting because it would not connect. I am now at the point of installing a new device for Wifi pairing. When I go to setting on my iphone, and choose the Orbit network, it acts like it is connecting. I go back to the app in the pairing function and press “I’m Connected” and it never goes anywhere. It will not go forward for me to try and select my local wifi network.

golfer49
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Having the exact same problem. Ordered a new controller and it would not even power up. Returned for credit with Amazon. Ordered another controller and was suppose to have 3 days ago. Lost in the mail somewhere. Getting very frustrated! Thinking about going with another brand.

David.L
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

I have the 57946 6 Zone Controller, have had it several years now. I have had it on three different Access Points, through two different routers and as with any WiFi device had to reset/reconfig the Controller (New SSIDs/Subnet/VLAN). It presently is attached to an EAP660 (which Rocks) routing through a pfSense router. No problems except with power outages, the Controller won’t reconnect to the AP unless I power cycle it. What I ended up doing is connect the Controller to a smart plug so I could remotely power cycle it. TIP: Temporarily turn off your 5GHz radio on your AP/Router and only have it connect (upon initial setup) via 2.4GHz to finish the setup, then you can turn your 5GHz radio back on, all is good. Not uncommon with 2.4GHz only devices and SOHO Routers…

LG Steve
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

One more tip on connecting to WiFi when the device requires the 2.4GHz to be used. Take the device as far away from the router as possible and trying connecting from there. This “trick” is based on the fact that the 5.0GHz does not cover as long distances as the 2.4GHz one does. You can use an app on your smartphone to tell you the signal strength at some distance.

papalaurent
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Since I have a new rooter from Comcast same thing happen, now can’t find the Orbit, find the wifi connect and say no wifi or connected but the wifi logo not on very frustrating. also if people try to help we not all have a PHP in IT…..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    petr.deyko
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Hello everyone from Ukraine!

I liked the previous irrigation controller, but Russian soldiers stole it from me, so I bought a new Orbit 57950 Gen2 (I changed the cord and transformer 220 \ 24 Volts, 600mA). When connecting, like everyone else, there were problems with WiFi and Bluetooth. The problem is solved simply – you need to enable geolocation on your smartphone! After that, everything went smoothly and pleasantly! Firm ORBIT, why do you have an outdated manual?

All the best and beautiful lawns!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.