Community Home Community B-hyve Hose Faucet Orbit 21004 B-hyve Smart Hose Faucet Timer with Wi-Fi Hub

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    srfrdrew
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hello, I been using the timer, hub and app successfully for several months… All of a sudden the timer was stuck in open and watering constantly. I did notice that system was not connected to the app. I rebooted the Wifi Router and the device’s connected was re-established but the water kept running. I am very concerned about this as this could potential be a major issue/flaw in your system with regards to water waste, cost and potential damage in surrounding property. From what it appears to me, this system is not intelligent/intuitive enough to know that it went past its time and days of watering and or monitoring water flow (when it goes offline?) Please advise, I believe the community should know if this is indeed a flaw /weakness in your system.

Norbert
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Sometimes the hose timers just die – with the valves open. I believe this is a serious flaw with them. I am always nervous leaving the system on and going on vacation – there is nothing you can do but physically turn off the water when that happens. I have had this occur at least 5 times over the last few years. I throw them out and get new ones.

srfrdrew
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Thank you for your response, Norbert…

Since the timer is the “valve” per se, I don’t think throwing out the controller each time is a good solution… I know and agree with standard watering valve systems the “diaphrams” get stuck this is a common failure point, however, this Smart hose faucet time is a completely different setup/technology. I see that this timer can read the flow rate and if so, why it cannot monitor if the system is running past is watering schedule and shut off in case of emergency?

Norbert
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Ah, maybe you know something I don’t. I have not been able to figure out how to open one of those, and even attempt to replace just the valve or the diaphragm and not the electronics. Also, I have not been able to figure out how I can sense on the software that at a valve is flowing. You’d think you can detect that. Overall, the software is so bad, I have a hard time keeping it stable and working. I was actually wondering if I should write my own, but then when I tried to get communications specifications for the devices, I ran into roadblocks. The manufacturer just does not answer emails or messages to that effect. As you can tell, I am not excited about the product, but I have not found anything else better that is completely wireless.

srfrdrew
    Participant
    First Time
    Up
    Down

Its nice to know Orbit has this community but none of their developers monitoring this?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.