Battery Low Signal is always on – B-hyve
If your timer is showing the “Battery Low” symbol all the time, use these steps to troubleshoot the issues. (The Low Battery Symbol should appear near the top right of the screen on the timer, to the left of where the time is displayed)
B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor Timer
it’s possible you simply have the battery installed incorrectly on this device. Here is what it looks like when it is installed incorrectly:
Note the prongs at the positive side of the timer. Here is a picture of the proper installation:
Lets fix that now
- Pop the battery out so that you can see an empty battery slot and use a small flat head screwdriver to push the contact prongs up.
- Rotate the battery under the top prongs:
Now the battery low symbol should be gone.
If your timer is still showing low battery, try these few steps
- Power cycle the timer – simply unplug the timer for 10-15 seconds, and then plug it back in
- Factory Reset – Hold the reset button for 10 seconds
- Reset the ribbon cable located on the inside of the swing panel of the B_hyve device. When unplugging the cable, try to place your fingers as close to the connector as possible.
Hose Faucet Timers
Here are a few things you can check for Hose Faucet Timers:
- Ensure that you have the batteries installed in the proper direction.
- Clear out any dirt or debris that is located in the battery pack.
- Use Fresh Alkaline Batteries (AA batteries)
- Ensure the battery tray is fully inserted into the timer. You should hear an audible click signaling that the battery pack is fully inserted.
Tags: b-hyve, battery, bhyve, low, low battery