This article will go over several scenarios to help find out what connection issue you may be seeing, and then help direct you to the most relevant article to help identify and solve the problem.
If you are saying the following:
- “I can’t connect to Wi-Fi / Bluetooth”
- “I’ve changed my Internet provider / Router / Modem / Network name / Password and I can’t reconnect”
- “My B-hyve device won’t pair with my phone”
- “The B-hyve app isn’t finding my B-hyve device”
Then you should ask the following questions:
- Has the device been connected to your Wi-Fi previously?
- Did you upgrade or change anything with your home Wi-Fi network recently?
- Have you entered your Wi-Fi password / new password into the B-hyve app?
- Does your Wi-Fi have separate 5g and 2.4ghz networks?
- Is Bluetooth enabled on your phone/tablet?
Ensuring that you are close to the device.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to ensure that you’re close to your device/timer.
Please stay close to your device until you’re finished to ensure a stable connection.
Being close to the timer is very important for connection-based troubleshooting, as a Bluetooth connection is needed to reconnect to the network.
Making sure that the device has been reset and is in pairing mode.
- For all devices besides the Indoor/Outdoor timer and the B-hyve XD, go to your timer and press the ‘B-hyve’ button 5 times rapidly.
For the B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor timer:
- Open the front door, then open the swing panel. Locate the reset button. Press and hold the reset button for 10-12 seconds.
For the B-hyve XD:
- Rotate the dial to the off position, then press in on the dial and release. Now, press and hold the dial-in for about 10 seconds, or until everything on the display lights up.
How to update Wi-Fi settings
- Open the B-hyve app
- Select ‘My B-hyve’
- Select ‘Devices’
- Select the device
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Update Wi-Fi Settings’
- Confirm the MAC address shown matches the device
- A list of available Wi-Fi Networks will display – select your home Wi-Fi network.
- Scroll down and ensure you enter your password if your network is secured
- Click ‘Connect’
- Your device should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network
5G vs 2.4GHz networks (If the product is not B-hyve XR):
Make sure your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz network – Your B-hyve device doesn’t communicate with 5 GHz networks, and blended networks can cause issues. If you’re using a blended network, please separate the 2.4 GHz and have it set up with its own SSID (if you’re not sure how to do this, please reach out to your Internet Service Provider and/or your router’s manufacturer).
Network name doesn’t show:
- Click the refresh icon to try again.
- If unsuccessful, try moving the timer closer to the Wi-Fi router during connection.
Hidden Network / Wi-Fi network doesn’t broadcast name:
- Click ‘Advanced’ then manually enter the network details.
- Unplug the timer or remove the battery tray. Wait 10 seconds then reconnect power and try again.
- Turn the router and phone off for 10 seconds before turning back on and trying again.
- If still unsuccessful, please reach out to our Customer Care Team.
Tags: connection, connection-issues, connectivity, issues, not-connected, troubleshooting