Resolving Frequent disconnections/Intermittent connection issues
This article will go over several scenarios to help find out what connection issue you may be seeing, and then help solve the problem.
If you are saying the following:
- “Every time I leave the property my B-hyve device disconnects”
- “My B-hyve device keeps dropping the Wi-Fi connection”
Good Questions to ask yourself:
- Does the property have Wi-Fi?
- Has the device been connected to Wi-Fi?
- Have you entered your Wi-Fi password into the B-hyve app?
- Does your Wi-Fi have separate 5g and 2.4ghz networks?
- How far away from the router is the B-hyve device?
- Did you upgrade or change anything with your home Wi-Fi network recently?
- Have you installed the Orbit Assist app?
Installing the Orbit Assist app/RouteThis Helps
If using an iPhone or iPad (iOS): Search the App Store for ‘Orbit Assist’
If using an Android device: Search the Google Play App Store for ‘Orbit Assist’.
“Install the App and follow the prompts to conduct a network scan. After the scan is done, the app will provide a diagnosis of your network’s health and there will be a button you can tap on to see how to improve the health if needed.”
If you have already installed the App and run a network scan, you may have a code to provide customer service, should you reach out.
Resetting the Router
Please reboot (unplug for 30 seconds, then plug back in) your router and any additional Wi-Fi components (including modem, repeater, booster, amplifier, etc.).
Ensuring that you are close to the device.
To resolve this issue, you’ll need to ensure that you’re close to your device/timer.
Please stay close to your device until we’re finished to ensure a stable connection.
Being close to the timer is very important for connection-based troubleshooting, as a Bluetooth connection is needed to reconnect to the network.
Making sure that the device has been reset and is in pairing mode.
- For all devices besides the Indoor/Outdoor timer and the B-hyve XD, go to your timer and press the ‘B-hyve’ button 5 times rapidly.
For the B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor timer:
- Open the front door, then open the swing panel. Locate the reset button. Press and hold the reset button for 10-12 seconds.
For the B-hyve XD:
- Rotate the dial to the off position, then press in on the dial and release. Now, press and hold the dial-in for about 10 seconds, or until everything on the display lights up.
How to update Wi-Fi settings
- Open the B-hyve app
- Select ‘My B-hyve’
- Select ‘Devices’
- Select the device
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Update Wi-Fi Settings’
- Confirm the MAC address shown matches the device
- A list of available Wi-Fi Networks will display – select your home Wi-Fi network.
- Scroll down and ensure you enter your password if your network is secured
- Click ‘Connect’
- Your device should now be connected to your Wi-Fi network
5G vs 2.4GHz networks (If the product is not B-hyve XR):
Make sure your router is broadcasting a 2.4 GHz network – Your B-hyve device doesn’t communicate with 5 GHz networks, and blended networks can cause issues. If you’re using a blended network, please separate the 2.4 GHz and have it set up with its own SSID (if you’re not sure how to do this, please reach out to your Internet Service Provider and/or your router’s manufacturer).
Network name doesn’t show:
- Click the refresh icon to try again.
- If unsuccessful, try moving the timer closer to the Wi-Fi router during connection.
Hidden Network / Wi-Fi network doesn’t broadcast name:
- Click ‘Advanced’ then manually enter the network details.
- Unplug the timer or remove the battery tray. Wait 10 seconds then reconnect the power and try again.
- Turn the router and phone off for 10 seconds before turning them back on and trying again.
- If still unsuccessful, please contact our Customer Care Team
Tags: connection-issues, disconnect, disconnections